Insurance and Licenses

CDOT is a government agency and as such they have more stringent requirements than typical commercial contracts. Before you start working on a project, you will need to have appropriate professional and auto insurance with CDOT named as an additional insured, and it may be at a higher level than you currently have. Be sure to review the requirements in the contract and discuss policies with your current insurance provider. 

You may also be required to provide proof of current licenses, such as a Colorado Professional Engineer License, for key personnel listed in your proposal. Make sure that all licenses are up-to-date and certificate copies are readily available to submit to CDOT upon contract award.